2019 Georgia District Pilot Foundation: Lynda Goodwin Volunteer Scholarship
Information taken from the Georgia District website.
The Georgia Pilot Foundation will award up to three $1,500 scholarships for outstanding community volunteer service to a graduating senior within the Georgia District. Students must be sponsored by a Georgia District Pilot Club.
The applicant must:
- Be a graduating senior from an accredited Georgia High School and have a minimum of a 3.0 or B academic average.
- Plan to attend an accredited college.
- Live in or attend an accredited high school in the county of the Georgia District Pilot Club sponsoring the applicant. (Oconee County)
- Submit a completed application by February 1, 2019.
Complete applications should include:
- Attached application signed by student & Pilot Club member
- 150 to 200 word Essay on the student’s volunteer experience
- Official High School grade transcript
- Three letters of recommendations from:
- Pilot Club nominating the applicant
- Two from the following: Teacher, school counselor, clergyman, employer, scout leader or community leader who has knowledge of the applicant’s volunteer activities
- Pilot Club Sponsorship Form signed by the sponsoring Pilot Club
Scholarship funds may be used for tuition, room amp; board, or books. Scholarship payment will be mailed directly to the applicant’s educational institution after proof of the student’s registration from their selected college is provided to the Georgia District Treasurer. Any unused funds must be returned to the Georgia Pilot Foundation, Inc.
The student’s completed application should be postmarked by February 1, 2019. Students should mail applications to:
Pilot Club of Oconee County
P.O. Box 833
Watkinsville, GA 30677
For more information, please see the attachment entitled “GPF Scholarship LG Volunteer 2019 Application” on the Forms page of the Georgia District website.